PACK OF 10 TABLETS
PRICE* (RS.) 204.00
What is AMPER?
AMPER is prescribed for the treatment of high blood pressure. AMPER is a combination of two medicines, amlodipine and perindopril . Amlodipine is a calcium antagonist and Perindopril is an ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor. Together they work to widen and relax the blood vessels so that blood passes through them more easily and makes it easier for your heart to maintain a good blood flow.
How should this Medicine be used?
Always take AMPER exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor if you are not sure. Swallow your tablet with a glass of water, preferably at the same time each day. Your doctor will decide on the correct dose for you. This will normally be one tablet per day.
If you take more AMPER than you should:
Contact your nearest accident and emergency department or tell your doctor immediately.
If you forget to take AMPER:
It is important to take your medicine every day as regular treatment works better. However, if you forget to take a dose of AMPER, take the next dose at the usual time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
What special precautions should I follow?
BEFORE TAKING AMPER:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to perindopril or any other ACE inhibitor, or to amlodipine or any of the other ingredients of AMPER
- If you are pregnant
- If you have experienced symptoms such as wheezing, swelling of the face or tongue, intense itching or severe skin rashes with previous ACE inhibitor treatment or if you or a member of your family have had these symptoms in any other circumstances (a condition called angioedema)
- If you have cardiogenic shock (when the heart is unable to supply sufficient blood to the body), aortic stenosis (narrowing of the main blood vessels leading from the heart) or unstable angina (chest pain that may occur when resting)
- If you have severe hypotension (very low blood pressure)
- If you have heart failure after acute myocardial infarction, during first 28 days
What special care should I follow?
If you have any of the following please talk to your doctor before taking AMPER:
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (cardiac muscle disease) or renal artery stenosis (narrowing of the artery which supplies the kidney with blood)
- Any other heart problems
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems or if you are receiving dialysis
- Collagen vascular disease (disease of the connective tissue) such as systemic lupus erythematosus or scleroderma
- If you are on a salt restricted diet or use salt substitutes which contain potassium (a well balanced potassium blood level is essential)
- You must tell your doctor if you think you are (or might become) pregnant.
When you are taking AMPER , you should also inform your doctor or the medical staff if you:
- Are going to have a general anaesthetic and/or major surgery
- Have recently suffered from diarrhoea or vomiting
- Are to undergo LDL apheresis (the removal of cholesterol from your blood by a machine)
- Are going to have desensitisation treatment to reduce the effects of an allergy to bee or wasp stings
AMPER is not recommended for use in children and adolescents.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
You should avoid AMPER with:
- Lithium (used to treat mania or depression)
- Estramustine (used in cancer therapy)
- Potassium-sparing diuretics (spironolactone, triamterene), potassium supplements or potassium-containing salt substitutes
What side effects can this medicine cause?
Inform your doctor in case you experience the following symptoms;
Headache, oedema (swelling of your legs or ankles), fatigue, somnolence (sleepiness), flushing (hot or warm feeling in your face), palpitations (very fast heartbeat), dizziness, mood and/or sleep disturbances, abdominal pain, taste disturbances and dry cough.
How to store AMPER
- Keep this medication in the pack that it came in and out of reach of children
- Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom)
- Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed
*Price updated on May 27, 2011
- 01 Aug 2017
- Next pharma